Roger Chen is a programmer/hacker of sorts from Walnut (California) currently studying Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at U.C. Berkeley College of Engineering. He loves making websites and programming for the web.
You may have recognized him from somewhere:
Aside from web development and programming, Roger also likes playing the guitar, taking portraits, climbing trees, reading contemporary fiction, tennis, and writing about philosophy.
RogerHub is a website, created on August 26th 2009. Among the things that are on this website are several personal and professional blogs. Below are some of the personal blog posts I enjoyed writing the most.
- Theory of Everything – Jan 2013
- Crime and Affliction – Sep 2012
- Direct Processing – Feb 2012
- Heuristics in society – Dec 2011
- Where technology is leading mankind – Dec 2011
- How to stop email spam – Sep 2011
Roger’s workflow and production stack is as follows:
- Vim, the best text editor on the planet
- GitHub, Bitbucket, subversion, Dropbox, Spotify
- rdiff-backup for fast incremental backups
- WordPress Multisite Network
- Nginx, PHP-FPM, and APC
- Vagrant with VirtualBox for development
- Tiny Tiny RSS
- MediaWiki for personal and professional documentation
- Mac OS X
- Linode for server hosting (that’s a referral link, by the way)
- DigitalOcean and AWS for infrastructure support
Roger’s other things online
- Github Profile
- Google Plus
- Public Directory
- Tumblr Blog
- Ultimate Guitar
You can reach Roger by email Roger Chen at rogerabisdj@ronullge (keys.gnupg.net 909765CA)
Have feedback? Discuss this on the comments page.