Have another question? Try one of these:
- I took the final. What’s my overall grade?
- My final counts as a test. What do I need to get?
- There are 2+ parts in my final. What do I have to get on them?
- My class has a point system. How much is the final worth?
- My lowest test grade is dropped. What do I need to get?
- I need something else (advanced mode).
How does this work?
Most class grades are made up of several categories: homework, classwork, tests/quizzes, and the final exam. Usually, each category is worth a percentage of your overall grade. But because your final exam isn't scored until the very end, it isn't included when calculating your current overall grade. Instead, all the other categories are scaled up to consume the weight reserved for the final exam. Therefore, you can calculate the minimum grade you need to score on the final exam using the formula:
Required = (Goal − Current × (100% − Final Weight)) / Final Weight
See the formula sheet for an explanation of this formula and other formulas used in this calculator. It's not rocket science, it's just math! You could, of course, do this on any calculator, but you're here on RogerHub because it's cool. (:
I need more help!
Try one of the different calculator modes listed above. The advanced mode handles many different kinds of situations, such as:
- If you have more tests and homework before the final
- When your final counts as a test grade
- Dropping the lowest test grades
- Makeup assignments or test retakes
- Extra credit
- Missing assignments
Check out the comments page if you have other questions or feedback about the calculator.