Roger Chen is a computer programmer currently studying Computer Science at UC Berkeley. He loves building website infrastructure and programming for the web.
You may have recognized him from somewhere:
- RogerHub’s Final Grade Calculator
- TA for CS 61C and CS 162 at UC Berkeley
- Intern at Quizlet and Dropbox
Aside from programming, Roger also likes taking pictures, playing the guitar, climbing trees, reading fiction, teaching, and writing.
RogerHub is Roger’s website, created on August 26th 2009. Among the things that are on this website are several personal and professional blogs. Below are some of the personal blog posts I enjoyed writing the most.
- Theory of Everything – Jan 2013
- Crime and Affliction – Sep 2012
- Direct Processing – Feb 2012
- Heuristics in society – Dec 2011
- Where technology is leading mankind – Dec 2011
- How to stop email spam – Sep 2011
Roger’s workflow and production stack is as follows:
- Atom, the text editor. (currently a recovering VIM-aholic)
- git, Dropbox, Spotify, zsh, bc, Ag, IPython, KeePassX, Todoist
- Duplicity for fast, encrypted, incremental backups
- WordPress, on NGINX + HHVM
- Puppet on my servers, and macbok for my laptop
- Vagrant with VMware Fusion Pro for development
- Tiny Tiny RSS
- Pingdom and StatusCake for monitoring
- Google Apps
- Mac OS X
- Google Cloud Platform
- Linode, DigitalOcean, Amazon S3, and Mailgun for infrastructure support
Roger’s other things online
You can reach Roger by email Roger Chen at rogerabisdj@ronullge
GPG Key ID:
0x3D5F FFD1 9097 65CA (Actual key on pgp.mit.edu)
Have feedback? Discuss this on the comments page.